The History of Piedmont High School
In the early 1900’s, Piedmont students attended Oakland High School. By 1921, the casino in the park served as a classroom while the Piedmont Church provided an auditorium for Piedmont High’s first 389 students.
In 1922, the school board recognized our rapid growth and designed a school for 600 students. By 1929, the new school had over 1100 students. School traditions were established early with the “Highlands” Scottish theme.
updated: February 24, 2023